NEWS & EVENTS
Thursday August 15, 2019 – State of the Town. 7:30 – 9:00 PM, Council on Aging. Meet members of the Selectboard who will join us for our annual meeting and a discussion of what the BOS hopes to achieve in the coming year. Bring your questions and ideas about what is happening in Wellfleet, how your taxes are being spent, and what the BOS sees as the most important issues facing the town
- Wednesday July 31, 2019 – Summer Program: Housing: Improving Your Home, Our Town. 7:30 – 9:00 PM, Preservation Hall. Come hear Planning Board chair Gerald Parent, Realtor Bruce Katcher, and Elaine McIllroy, chair of the Wellfleet Housing Authority discuss what individuals and the community need to do if they want to improve a home and housing in Wellfleet.
Thursday July 18, 2019 – Summer Program: Wellfleet Waters. 7:30 – 9:00 PM, Council on Aging. Andrew Gottleib, Executive Director of the Association for the Preservation of Cape Cod, will moderate a panel on the state of Wellfleet’s waters, especially the ponds, shellfishing beds, and Cape Cod Bay.
- Fall 2019 eLetter
- Summer 2019 eLetter
- Spring 2019 eLetter with corrections
- Winter Update March 2019
- Winter 2019 eLetter
- Fall 2018 eLetter
- RTE (Real Estate Tax Exemption) Rationale
- August 16, 2018 – Summer Program: Co-sponsored by Wellfleet Forum. 7:30 – 9:00 pm, Preservation Hall. The new Superintendent of the CCNS, Brian Carlstrom, a 30 year veteran of the NPS whose last posting was at the National Resource Stewardship and Science Directorate in Washington, CC, and Kathy Tevyaw, the Seashore’s Deputy Superintendent since 2009, will outline their short and long term plans for the Park in its sixth decade. This program is co-sponsored by the Wellfleet Forum.
- August 2, 2018 – Annual Meeting: State of the Town. 7:30 – 9:00 pm, Preservation Hall
- July 19, 2018 – Summer Program: Taxation without Representation: Should property ownership define voting rights? 7:30 – 9:00 pm, Preservation Hall
- July 12, 2018 – Summer Program: Impact of Climate Change on Wellfleet. 7:30 – 9:00 pm, Council on Aging
- Spring 2018 eLetter
- Winter 2018 eLetter
- Fall 2017 eLetter
- August 17, 2017 – Annual Meeting: State of the Town. 7:30 – 9:00 pm, Preservation Hall
- July 27, 2017 – Summer Program: Sea Turtles around the Cape and Islands. 7:30 – 9:00 pm, Council on Aging
- July 13, 2017 Summer Program: Part-time to Full-time Resident? Changing your Wellfleet Ways. 7:30 – 9:00 pm, Council on Aging
- May 1, 2017 – Annual Election Warrant, Noon – 7pm Wellfleet Senior Center
- April 24, 2017 – Annual Town Meeting & Special Town Meeting, 7pm Wellfleet Elementary School
- Spring 2017 Newsletter
- Fall 2016 Newsletter
- Wellfleet harbor finds itself brimming with sharks – Article by Marilyn Massad referencing information shared during our July 28 2016 Summer Program event.
- August 11, 2016 – Annual Meeting: State of the Town and Ptown Tax Issues. Preservation Hall, 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- July 28, 2016 – Summer Program: Wellfeet’s Changing Back Shore. Council on Aging, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. We will be joined by Dr Heather Goldstone, Science Editor at WCAI, who will discuss the impact climate change is having on “our ocean”, John Chisholm, Marine Fisheries Scientist, from the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy in Orleans, and
Suzanne Grout Thomas, Beach Administrator, on the state of Wellfeet’s beaches.
- July 14, 2016 – Summer Program: Life and death in Cape Cod Bay. Council on Aging, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. We will hear from Dennis Murphy, Chairman, Board of Selectmen, on health of Wellfleet Harbor, and Curt Felix on the restoration of Wellfleet’s Oyster beds and saltmarshes.
- Spring eLetter_May_2016
- February 2016 – Winter Newsletter
- December 21, 2015: Another Point of View on Winter on the Outer Cape, by Rob Anderson
- November 7, 2015: Annual Conference on the State of the Harbor
- August 2015: During our Annual Meeting, the Town Administrator addressed the membership on the “State of the Town.” For minutes click here.
- July 2015: Our focus during our membership meeting was the Herring River Restoration effort. Click here for minutes,